Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ladybug steam cake.

I got a recipe of a ladybug steam cake from someone's post in Facebook.  http://ismeelivemail.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-post_20.html.   I don't want to use coloring, I used chocolate instead of coloring used in the recipe in the link.

As Png Png is allergic to dairy, I need to use chocolate that does not contain milk.  I used to buy Van Houten chocolate chips or chocolate buttons which does not contain milk.    However, I could not find it in the supermarket anymore.   I used chocolate that we bought from Batam.   Boy, it was tedious to melt the chocolate.   I had to cook the chocolate in the pot directly over the fire in order to melt the chocolate.   What's worse is, it does not solidify even after leaving it in the fridge. 

I thought I could use this recipe for Png Png's coming birthday cake.   However, he told me he hates melted chocolate and of course the cake.   So SAD......   I love the look of the end product though.



No comments:

Post a Comment