Friday, August 31, 2012

Home learning - Mrs Wishy Washy

I had a hard time looking for the story book Mrs Wishy Washy.   It is only available in Ang Mo Kio library.   It was loaned out a few times when I was at Ang Mo Kio library, yet I could not find the story book when it was in the library.   I decided to seek the librarian for help.   One very kind librarian helped me to seek high and low for the book but still to no avail.   She said the book is probably kept in the office as it is a very old book.   The library keeps very old books in the office and will be removed from the shelf for public.   She helped me to seek the supervisor's help.   True enough, the book was in the office.   She said she searched the book till she wanted to cry and her colleagues blamed her for being nosy.  I am very grateful for her dedication and help.   She is one dedicated librarian hard to come by.

I also used Mrs Wishy Washy's farm for this lapbook.

 Most of the materials  are extracted from http://www.homeschoolshare.com/mrs_wishy_washy.php and http://www.thevirtualvine.com/mrswishywashy.html


Our lapbook cover

Keeping cool

Sound that animals made


















Color by numbers

Wash your hands






















































Draw farm animals.   I drew the animals and left  favourite animal for Png Png to draw.   He literally wrote a one following the instruction "Draw one here".   hahaha......

Things that is brown in color



















Farm life vs city life






















Catchy phrases in Mrs Wishy Washy

Odd one out



No comments:

Post a Comment