Wednesday, May 29, 2013

He is 9

My big boy, Chen Chen is 9 today!  We had a simple birthday celebration for him.   We brought him to Earle Swensen's at Changi Airport terminal 3.  He got a complimentary Coit Tower Junior from Swensen with kids' meal that we ordered for Png Png as birthday treat for Chen Chen  is a member with Swensen's kids club.   

We had a very unhappy experience on that day.   I was extremely displeased with the attitude of the Filipino waiter who attended to us.   He was very snobbish.   Initially, I thought it was because we didn't order much food since we had buffet for lunch.   I observed that he treated some other customers in the like manner.   I showed him Chen Chen's birth certificate as a proof that today is Chen Chen's birthday.   The waiter looked at the wrong column which indicated my birthday and said in a very rude manner to me that Chen Chen's birthday wasn't today.   My hubby thought I brought Png Png's birth certificate instead.   I answered very firmly that I am the mother, I knew whose birth certificate I brought with me and pointed to the column that indicated Chen Chen's birth date.   That waiter knew he was wrong and was shy of the way he talked to me.   However, he continued with his snobbish manner there after.

Chen Chen and the complimentary Coit Tower Junior.

This was the first time Png Png had a meal in Swensen.    He was very fascinated.



















Chen Chen and his birthday presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment